1.Must be ordered by midnight, Tuesday, March 21, 2023, on ShoWorks (burleson.fairwire.com). Each exhibitor may order in lots of 12 birds or 25 birds only. Turkeys will be wing banded. Exhibitor can only show birds that are assigned by the bird wing bands. Turkeys will be distributed on Wednesday, June 14, 2023, at the Expo Center at TBA. Exhibitors will be notified if there is a change. Entry fees are to be paid at this time. No refunds on ordered birds.
2. There will be a separate sifting line for turkeys starting at 6:30 a.m. on Friday, September 29, 2023. All turkeys will be sifted at time of entry by a qualified sifter. Each exhibitor can bring 2 hens and two spares to the sift. Sifted/culled hens must be removed from the poultry barn before the start of the show and removed from the grounds after the completion of the show.
3. A maximum of two (2) hens may be entered per exhibitor.
4. Turkeys with fowl pox will be eliminated from the show and sale.
5. All entries in the category must confirm to the rules and regulations specified under the general rules.
6. The chairman or an assistant will attend the cooping. No change of exhibit from one coop to another will be allowed except by permission from the chairman of the department.
7. Each exhibitor will be responsible for the proper feeding and caring of their exhibits through Sunday, October 1, 2023, and removal of shavings and birds on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
8. Market poultry exhibits must have been owned by the exhibitor from the start of the feeding period.
9. Sifting/culling will be held at 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. and judging to follow after the completion of the broiler show on Friday, September 29, 2023.
10. Each exhibitor must be present for the judging or notify the division chairman of the person designated to handle their turkeys during the judging. Only one holder per bird unless an exhibitor needs assistance. If an exhibitor needs assistance, a family member, 4-H or FFA or committee member may assist exhibitor with holding a bird. Only the exhibitor and holders will be permitted in the show area. An exhibitor, parent or guardian, or someone who is available may assist in showing the broilers.
11. Exhibitors selling market poultry in the youth auction will be responsible for processing and delivering them to the buyer within two weeks.
12. Mandatory meeting to order turkeys will be Tuesday, March 21, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. in Expo Center. Meeting can be attended by either or both parents, guardian, or exhibitor.
13. If a buyer of a turkey reports to BCF that buyer was not contacted by exhibitor on the processing of the project, sale proceeds may be withheld from exhibitor and donated to scholarship fund.
14. Turkey exhibitors shall leave their highest placing (1) turkey in coop (pen) after judging and shall take home all other turkeys. After completion of show/judging the Director will announce that exhibitors shall take home the lowest place turkey. The turkey remaining at the fair shall be released on Sunday, October 1, 2023, from 7:00 -10:00 a.m.
15. Market Turkeys must weigh no less than 15 lbs. Turkeys not weighing 15 pounds will be sifted/culled automatically. Weighing is the discretion of sifters or chairperson.
16. Premium money will be awarded for 1st through 6th place.
Grand Champion - Banner & Buckle • Reserve Champion - banner & Buckle
17. Showmanship Buckle will be award in Senior Showmanship grades 3-5, Intermediate Showmanship grades 6-8, and Junior Showmanship grades 9-12.