- Purpose: Provide special needs youth in Burleson County the opportunity to participate first-hand, in a livestock show experience.
- Traditional multi-species show
- Each youth are assigned a “buddy”. Buddies will assist participants with the exhibition of the livestock projects.
- Each participant in the show receives a special award and a photo with their buddy.
- Participants selected from Caldwell, Somerville, and Snook Special Education Departments.
- Participants 9-18 years of age.
- Teachers must nominate students to participate.
- Permission is received from each participants’ family.
- Select around 10 participants each year.
- 4-H and FFA members participating in the Burleson County Fair.
- Buddies serve as a support network to special needs youth while exhibiting livestock projects.
- Go through application process.
- Youth selected as a “buddy” by committee members, County Extension Agents and Agricultural Education Teachers.
- Must be in at least 7th grade.
- Must attend mandatory training on working with youth and special needs.
- Select between 15 and 20 buddies each year.
- Goal is to assist participants only when needed.
All buddies must be available Thursday September 22, 2022, from 3:00 pm until 6:00 pm.