- Purpose:Provide special needs youth in Burleson County the opportunity to participate first-hand, in a livestock show experience.
- Traditional multi-species show.
- Each youth are assigned a “buddy.” Buddies will assist participants with the exhibition of the livestock projects.
- Each participant in the show receives a special award and a photo with their buddy.
- Participants selected from Caldwell, Somerville, and Snook Special Education Departments.
- Participants 9-18 years of age
- Students will apply to participate.
- Permission is received from each participants’ family.
- Select around 10 participants each year.
- 4-H and FFA members participating in the Burleson County Fair.
- Buddies serve as a support network to special needs youth while exhibiting livestock projects.
- Applications are due August 1, 2023
- Go through application process.
- Youth selected as a “buddy” by committee members, County Extension Agents and
- Agricultural Education Teachers.
- Must be in at least 7th grade.
- Must attend mandatory training on working with youth with special needs. This meeting/training will be held on September 10, 2023 @ 6:30 pm.
- Select between 15 and 20 buddies each year.
- Goal is to assist participants only when needed from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm with the show beginning at 3:30 pm.
All buddies must be available Thursday, September 28, 2023, from 2:00 pm until 5:00 pm.