1. All entries and awards in this department shall be subject to the rules and regulations published in this premium list. Competition in this division shall ONLY BE OPEN TO BURLESON COUNTY RESIDENTS.
2. Adult Division includes all over 19. Professional categories are provided in the Art Division, Clothing Department, Embellished Wear Department, Photography Department
3. Youth division is open to all youth in Burleson County from 3rd to 12th grade. Some youth divisions are divided into three age groups: Senior Youth 9th - 12th grade, Intermediate Youth 6th - 8th grade, and Junior Youth 3rd - 5th grade.
4. Children’s Corner is for children 2nd grade and younger.
5. All items must have been made within the last 12 months.
6. Articles exhibited at a previous fair ARE NOT acceptable (includes Baked Foods) and WILL NOT be displayed. All items and food must have been made by the person entering them.
7. Each exhibitor may enter as many classes as desired, however, only one entry per categories will be allowed. If a class does not have categories, only one entry per class will be allowed. EXCEPTION: Only one entry per class in Baked Foods.
8. Miscellaneous Categories – Any entry entered into Miscellaneous Category shall be items other than those already listed as a Category and cannot be a duplicated entry.
9. Exhibitors are encouraged to enter online before check-in at ShoWorks: creative living exhibits (burlesoncl.fairwire.com) and Baked Foods (burlesonbf.fairwire.com). Please verify that the exhibitors name is listed as it appears on their Social Security Card, exhibitor is in the appropriate Division (age), the exhibitor’s mailing address is correct.
10. All Exhibitors planning to enter in the Baked Food Show may attend the informational Baked Food Show meeting on Monday, June 26, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. in the Expo.
11. Baked Food ENTRIES and RECIPES must be entered into ShoWorks (burlesonbf.fairwire.com) no later than August 1, 2023. Only one (1) entry per class. Entry Fee of $2.00/Class will be taken at Check-in Monday, September 18, 2023. No recipe will be allowed by an exhibitor for entry if it was sold in the Baked Foods Auction Sale in the past 3 years.
12. Check-In and Judging times:
Creative Living Exhibits will be received Monday, September 25 beginning at 4:00 p.m. and must be in place by 7:00 p.m. the same day. Judging for all divisions, other than Horticulture will begin Tuesday morning at 10:00 a.m.
Horticulture will be received between 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, September 27, 2023. Judging will begin at 12:00 p.m.
Baked Foods will be received between 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. Monday, September 18, 2023. Judging for Baked Foods begins at 10:00 a.m. A recipe “MUST” be submitted with baked item for judge’s review.
NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED IN THE BUILDING DURING JUDGING!
13. Check-Out times:
Creative Living Exhibits will be checked out between 9:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 30, 2023, and/or from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 1, 2023. Chairman or any fair official will not be responsible for articles left after check-out time.
Baked Foods may only be picked up from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. on Monday, September 18, 2023. Food remaining will be destroyed, no exceptions.
14. The Baked Food Youth Auction in this division shall only be open to members that are in good standing with their respective clubs: Burleson County 4-H members, Burleson County FCCLA, or Burleson County FFA members.
15. Exhibitors selected to participate in the Bake Food Auction must bring a freshly baked entry on Sunday, September 24, 2023, to be presented to the buyer at the Baked Food Auction.
16. Judges shall not award a ribbon to any unworthy exhibit. The decision of the judges shall be final.
17. Grand Champions and Reserve Champions will be awarded in each of the departments except Baked Foods. Grand Champion – Banner and $10.00; Reserve Champion – Pennant and $5.00.
Professional – Grand Champion and Reserve Champion winners will only receive banners and pennants; no money will be awarded.
18. Every precaution will be taken to protect all articles entered, however in no case will the Burleson County Fair Association, any director or volunteer be held responsible for loss, damage, theft or breakage or for any other forms of loss.
19. ENTRY FEES WILL BE AS FOLLOWS: (ONLY IN BAKED FOODS)
Each Exhibitor in Junior, Intermediate, and Senior Divisions……… $2.00 per Class
*Volunteers are needed to assist with the operations of the Creative Living Division. Sign up to volunteer by emailing email@example.com or by contacting
The Texas Agri-Life Extension Office, 100 West Buck, Suite 105, Caldwell, Texas 77836
ALL ENTRIES IN THE CREATIVE LIVING DEPARTMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AT:
DATE FOR SUBMITTING ONLINE ENTRIES AND CLOSING DATE & TIME WILL BE POSTED