1. All rabbit exhibitors must attend one of the mandatory meetings scheduled for Wednesday April 13, 2022, and Monday
May 2, 2022, at the Expo Center. Meetings start at 7 p.m.
2. Each exhibitor may show two pens of 3 fryer rabbits each weighing between 3.5 and 5.5 pounds. Rabbits cannot be
over 70 days of age.
3. Fryer rabbits may be purchased but must be owned by August 20, 2022.
4. Rabbits must all be of the same breed or will be disqualified at weigh in.
5. All entries must be entered online by 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 20, 2022, at burleson.fairwire.com. All rabbits
must be tattooed on August 20, 2022, at the Burleson County Fairgrounds from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Entry fees will be
paid at tag in.
6. A maximum of 18 rabbits per exhibitor can be tattooed.
7. Exhibitor must bring a towel or carpet to place your rabbits on during tattooing.
8. All rabbits will be tattooed in the right ear.
9. Rabbit check-in is on Wednesday, September 21, 2022. Exhibitors may start arriving at 8:00 - 12:00 noon to place your
rabbits in their assigned pens. Sifting will be done at the same time.
10. One alternate rabbit per pen. Any additional rabbits brought to the fairgrounds will be inked before your pens are
11. All rabbits will be sifted at time of entry by a qualified sifter.
12. Buck teeth, ear cankers, sore hocks, ruptures, broken tails, etc. are cause for sifting.
13. Diseased rabbits will be disqualified.
14. Rabbits will be weighed by the rabbit committee. If weighed out, the rabbit will be allowed one (1) more immediate
weigh by the rabbit committee and sifter on Monday, September 20, 2022
15. No substitutions allowed after sifting. Sifted rabbits will be inked.
16. All sifted rabbits will need to be removed from the rabbit area by conclusion of check-in.
17. Exhibitor agrees to allow Extension Agents, Ag Teachers or Committee member to check rabbits at any time without
18. Judging will be held on Thursday, September 22, 2022, beginning at 7 a.m.
19. After the Rabbit Show, one rabbit must remain in each pen. All others will be taken home after the show.
20. Exhibitor is only allowed to show their assigned ear tattoo.
21. Premium money will be awarded for 1st through 20th place.
GRAND CHAMPION - BANNER & BUCKLE • RESERVE CHAMPION - BANNER & BUCKLE
22. Exhibitors selling pens of fryer rabbits in the auction will be responsible for processing and delivering them to the buyer
within two weeks.
23. Rabbit check out will be on September 25, 2022, 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Taking rabbits prior to checking out on September
25th will result in a fine of $100.
24. If a buyer reports to BCFA that they have not been contacted by the exhibitor on the processing of the project, sale
proceeds may be withheld from exhibitor and donated to scholarship fund.