1.Exhibitors will be required to feed and care for their animals until released by the chairman of the swine committee.
2.Feed and water troughs must be provided by exhibitors.
3.Pens will be required to be clean.
4.Exhibitors must show their own animals.
5.Barrows and gilts may be shown.
6.A maximum of 4 hogs may be tagged in and no individual will be allowed to exhibit more than 2 market hogs. Family entries will be permitted.
7.Ownership and ear tag numbers must be submitted to the committee chairman prior to swine weigh in.
8.Any clipping of market hogs must be done prior to entering the fairgrounds.
9. All entries must be entered online by 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 10, 2023, at burleson.fairwire.com. Market hogs will be tagged in on Saturday, June 10, 2023, between 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. at the Burleson County Fairgrounds.
- Entry fees will be paid at tag in.
- If a hog loses its tag, it is the exhibitor's responsibility to notify the chairman immediately.
10.Swine must be checked in with the division chairman by 9:30 a.m., Tuesday, September 26, 2023. Hogs will be weighed and sifted. If weighed out, the hog will be allowed one (1) more immediate weigh by the swine committee and sifter. Judging will be at 7:00 a.m. Thursday, September 28, 2023.
11. Market hog weight classes:
Class 1 Class 2 Class 3 Class 4 Class 5 Class 6
Six weight classes will be established by the committee to divide the hogs as equally as possible among those entered.
12. Swine weight limits: Minimum -230 pounds; Maximum -290 pounds. There will be a three (3) pound tolerance on both the minimum and maximum weight. Hogs must be clean at time of weigh in.
13. Sifted hogs must be removed by 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 26, 2023.
14. No oil or oil-based products allowed for grooming of swine. Swine will be sifted prior to entering the show ring for oil-based products. If sifted for oil, the exhibitor must wash the swine and then can return to the show ring prior to the last swine going into the ring.
15. All swine must have permanent identifying ear notches prior to swine tag-in.
16. BCFA will supply only 1 bag of shavings to each exhibitor.
17.Premium money will be awarded for 1st through 7th place.
18. Swine meetings will be held during the year. All exhibitors must make the Tuesday, April 11, 2023, or Tuesday, May 9, 2023, meeting at the Expo Center. A parent, guardian or exhibitor must be present at one of the two (2) mandatory meetings.
Grand Champion - Banner & Buckle • Reserve Champion - banner & Buckle