1. Goats will be handled with a collar, chain, halter, or lead rope less than 12 inches.
2. All goats must be dehorned or tipped.
3. Market goats must weigh no less than 60 pounds and no more than 120 pounds. There will be a three (3) pound tolerance allowed on the minimum and maximum weight. All goats will be weighed and sifted with no collars, halters, sweats, or lead ropes. If weighed out, the goat will be allowed one (1) more immediate weigh by the goat committee and sifter on Tuesday, September 26, 2023.
4. The market goats must be trained to lead.
5. Wethers and does may be shown. It is open to any and all goats and crosses.
6. All entries must be entered online by 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 15, 2023, at burleson.fairwire.com. Goats will be tagged in on Thursday, June 15, 2023, from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at the Burleson County Fairgrounds.
Entry fees will be paid at tag in.
7. Market goats will be judged on Thursday, September 28, 2023, at 12:00 noon.
8. A maximum of four market goats may be tagged in and no individual will be allowed to exhibit more than two goats at the show. Family entries will be permitted.
9. Six weight classes will be established by the committee to divide the goats as equally as possible by the number of goats.
10. Premium money will be awarded for 1st through 7th place.
Grand Champion - Banner & Buckle • Reserve Champion – Banner & Buckle
11. Ownership and ear tag numbers must be submitted to the committee chairman prior to the goat weigh-in/sifting.
12. All goats must be slick shorn prior to entering the fairgrounds with no more than 3/8-inch hair above the hock.
13.Sifted goats will be removed by 10:00 p.m. - on Tuesday, September 26, 2023.
14.Goats will be free of any health or skin disease.
15.Bedding allowed, but must be cleaned out at 9:00 a.m., Sunday, October 1, 2023
16. Goat meetings will be held during the year. All exhibitors must make the Thursday, March 23, 2023, or Thursday, April 13, 2023, meeting at the Expo Center. A parent, guardian or exhibitor must be present at one of the two (2) mandatory meetings.